Sunday, 13 August 2017

A Sunday vlog.

Kniveton, Derbyshire.
Clipper Tea - Elizabeth Anne
When I think of Sundays, I think of relaxing and immersing in joyful activities; feeding the mind, body and soul. It is a day of unwinding, revelling in simple pleasures and escaping, heading out on an adventure. Its a time to live well, enjoy the now, slow down and remember the moments that matter. Fun-filled, purposeful and restful Sundays are essential.

I like to start my Sunday morning with a cup of calming camomile tea or if I am feeling indulgent, a luxurious hot chocolate. There is something warming and very cosy being snuggled up in bed with a cup of your favourite beverage and listening to the beautiful dawn chorus. I might check my social media and emails but I try to refrain from doing this for too long. I find sometimes time can escape me if I spend too long on my phone, so I dip in to check on friends and family and any texts I might have received overnight. After breakfast, I like to head out for a walk. I find early morning walks exhilarating and refreshing. There is a walk into the village which passes fields and woods which is breath-taking early in the morning, when their is just you and the wildlife. You may have seen a glimpse of this in my previous vlog here.

If we're going out for brunch, our choice of venue is Jack Rabbits which serves the most delicious food using fresh local produce and their cakes are simply scrumptious! If we have a Sunday lunch planned, then it is always The Ketch. A beautiful country pub with roaring fires, large oak tables fit for a king and a cosy atmosphere that warms the heart. Their Sunday lunch menu is especially good, all homemade of course and sources its ingredients locally. 
David Austin Rose - Elizabeth Anne
In the afternoon, I like to curl up with some of my favourite magazines, either snuggled up on the sofa or sat in the garden in our 'snug.' Its a quiet, sunny area of the garden, perfect for unwinding and relaxing and the gentle breeze carries the delicate sweet perfume of the nearby David Austin Olivia roses that we have growing.

Magazines I'm currently reading

Magazines - Elizabeth Anne
I've made a vlog all about my slow Sunday and gives a glimpse into what I get up to. I hope you enjoy watching it! Press the play button below to watch...
What makes you happy at the weekend? Do you enjoy watching my vlogs? Let me know in the comments section below.

Follow

Post a Comment

© Elizabeth Anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.