Friday, 30 September 2016

Chatsworth country fair 2016 | Day three.

Chatsworth House, Bakewell.
Lilybet Blog Chatsworth Country Fair Helter Skelter

Lilybet Blog Chatsworth Country Fair Flowers
Day three of the Chatsworth Country Fair was spent exploring the fairground and observing the awe-inspiring displays. From classic fairground rides, helter skelters and the carnival coloured ferris wheel to gun dog shows and horse driving; there is a full timetable of inspiring entertainment.
Relaxing outside the press tent, I am able to bask in the lively atmosphere whilst sipping my tea and revel in the delights of everything a country fair has to offer: a passion for agriculture, the land, rural crafts and talents alike and lastly, country pursuits.
I decide to use my last day at the country fair as an opportunity to go where my feet carry me and not really "plan" what to do. Starting off browsing the trade stands I missed the previous days, I did a little bit of shopping and it is such a delight finding gems that cannot be found on the high street. I found myself at the Countryman's Walk where they demonstrate some of the classic country crafts such as dry stone walling and haymaking. It is almost therapeutic to see and learn about the skills needed.

Lilybet Blog Chatsworth Country Fair Haymaking

Lilybet Blog Springer Spaniel Puppy
Can we just admire these fine Springer Spaniel puppies sleeping? (fairs can be exhausting!) If like myself, you are a lover of the countryside, the Chatsworth Country Fair is for you. Incorporating fine food, rural crafts and country pursuits with a sprinkling of grand ring entertainment: there is something for everyone, not matter what age.
Lilybet Blog Chatsworth Country Fair Vintage Cars

Lilybet Blog Chatsworth Country Fair Red Arrows
It has been a jam-packed, fun-filled three days and I am already counting down the days to next year's country fair. Next year's dates have been set: 1st - 3rd September 2017. Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments section below.

Read more


Follow

Post a Comment

© Elizabeth Anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.