Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Photo Diary | My 27th Birthday!

Kniveton, Derbyshire.
Birthday Elizabeth Anne
I cannot believe I am the grand age of twenty-seven and yet I still feel like my sixteen year old self inside however, I take solace in the fact I am always mistaken for being twenty (the best time has to be awarded to the gentleman who thought I was eighteen and told me to buy the young-persons train fair) or being ID'd; even when purchasing a lottery ticket or a scratch card! For my birthday I had a surprise weekend booked in beautiful York. I loved exploring the little streets, getting lost in the array of shops and cafes, watching the world go by and stopping by for tea and cake. The whole weekend was perfect. I shall be writing a separate blog post about my time in York and share some beautiful photos I managed to take.

My birthday morning started off with a wonderful breakfast consisting of fluffy pancakes, drizzled with maple syrup and my favourite Betty's English breakfast tea. After breakfast, I opened up all my cards and presents. It was so lovely to be surrounded by my family and friends and my wonderful mum and dad.
Birthday Elizabeth Anne
Birthday Elizabeth Anne
Birthday Elizabeth Anne
I received these beautifully bright tulips from my Mum and Dad and they are simply stunning. I adore tulips (well, most flowers!) I took photos of what I received for my birthday but didn't want to overload this post with lots of photos, so I decided to pick out my favourite items to share.
Birthday Elizabeth Anne
Birthday Elizabeth Anne
I was delighted to receive these beautifully illustrated goodies from Wrendale Designs. My favourite being this china mug featuring a gorgeous pheasant and as the saying goes; tea always tastes better in a china cup. I love how the pheasant is depicted in different poses and includes a mini illustration on the inside of the cup. The napkins features some of my favourite birds and came in handy for serving the birthday cake!
Champneys - Elizabeth Anne
Birthday Elizabeth Anne
Birthday Elizabeth Anne
I was pleasantly surprised to receive a wonderful Orla Kiely power pack for my iPhone. With constant tweeting, sending E-mails and Instagram-ing, it's no wonder my iPhone always has a dangerously low battery but this slim power pack fits easily into the inside pocket of my handbag so I can charge my iPhone when on the go.

I was also delighted to receive the Lily's Kitchen Dinner for Dogs book. I am always Google-ing recipes for Ben as I find it so much nicer and healthier giving him a homemade treat so this book will be very handy.
Birthday Elizabeth Anne
Birthday Elizabeth Anne
I received this pretty iPhone case from Cath Kidston featuring birds and spring blossom which is perfect for this time of the year! Lastly, what is a birthday without some Lush products? I received my favourite Creamy Candy Bubble Bar and Fizzbanger which has the most gorgeous aroma.
Birthday Elizabeth Anne
Birthday Elizabeth Anne
Birthday Elizabeth Anne
Birthday Elizabeth Anne
Dinner was at my favourite country pub The Ketch, which serves mouth-watering meals and the most heavenly puddings. I ordered the roast pork with crackling and seasonal vegetables which comes with a giant homemade Yorkshire pudding! I couldn't resist taking photos of everyone's puddings as they looked so deliciously decadent.

Thank you to everyone who made my birthday special and wished me a happy birthday via social media - I loved and appreciated every single message.

Follow

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Elizabeth Anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.