Sunday, 12 February 2017

Bourjois Makeup Haul & Review.

Ashbourne, Derbyshire.
Bourjois - Elizabeth Anne

(L-R) Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick, Volume 1 Seconde Mascara & Radiance Reveal Concealer.


After using the last of my concealer and trying to scrape out every little available product, I thought it was time to purchase a new concealer. After delving into some of my favourite blogs, I noticed a fair few discussing the new Radiance Reveal concealer from Bourjois and sounded like the type of product that would suit me: light texture, brightening effect and most importantly conceals blemishes in an instant. With this goal in mind, a recent trip to Boots provided a lovely surprise when I saw there was a promotion on Bourjois products. Whilst browsing the Bourjois stand in Boots and trying to decide which shade of concealer would suit me, I noticed that a promotion was to spend over £12 and receive a free Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick. With that in mind, I decided to pick up the Volume 1 Seconde Mascara too.
Bourjois - Elizabeth Anne
Bourjois - Elizabeth Anne
The fresh design of the packaging echoes the feminine Parisian style of Bourjois. A sleek, square glass bottle with a soft, blush pink cap looks every inch designer rather than drugstore. The Radiance Reveal concealer is available in three shades: (1) Ivior, (2) Beige and (3) Beige Fonce. After swatching the testers on the back of my wrist (I find this to be the most accurate way of finding the perfect shade) I decided to go middle of the road and purchased the shade Beige as this blended seamlessly with my skin tone. As well as concealing imperfections, dark circles and puffiness around the eyes, it also adds a brightness to the face giving a fresh-faced appeal. Enriched with Monte Blanc glacier water and hydrochloric acid, it smoothes away wrinkles and fine lines and provides continual hydration for the under eye area. It comes with a foam applicator with an angled tip which grants a precise application and allows for pin-point concealing.

Since purchasing this concealer, it has become a staple in my makeup routine. I like to apply a little under my eyes to brighten and give the appearance of a good night's sleep. To do this, I swipe the concealer applicator on my Real Technique's Miracle Complexation Sponge (on the pointed end) and pat onto the under eye area and continue until it has blended and looks seamless. I find this way easier to blend and doesn't use as much product. For more precise concealing such as small blemishes or uneven skin tone, I use a small lip brush and dot on a little of the concealer and repeat until I am happy with the coverage. It melts into the skin beautifully and its light texture doesn't give that "cakey" appearance. Moreover, the illuminating finish is incredible but looks effortlessly natural.  
Bourjois - Elizabeth Anne
The Volume 1 Seconde mascara promises to give lashes impeccable volume from all angles and ready to flutter with up to 16 hours hold. The mascara comes in two varieties: intense black and intense black waterproof and with the smart, new brush inspired by professional hairbrushes, it combs through each lash to coat and define without any clumping and giving a glamorous appeal. The clever design of the brush includes alternate straight bristles and small wraparound spheres envelopes the whole lash to coat and define from root to tip.

The packaging is certainly eye-catching with its shiny chrome tube and a pop of sorbet-coloured branding keeping it sweet, elegant and true to the Bourjois style. The rich, intense formula and clever brush really grabs each lash coating from root to tip making glamourous lashes effortless and beautiful. One coat provides a subtle, light look with separation and definition of the lashes, while a few more coats injects volume giving an intense, false lash effect without any clumping. I like to add one-two coats during the day time for a beautiful and subtle look and for night time I add a few more coats for a voluminous and high-impact effect. The purse-friendly mascara is easily removed with a cleanser and hot cloth or a good eye makeup remover. I use Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser and Elemis White Flower Makeup Remover.
Bourjois - Elizabeth Anne
Lastly, I picked up a Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick in the shade "Nude-ist" which is a lovely dusty rose-brown hue. With a bevelled foam applicator, it provides effortlessly smooth and concise application. Housed in a clear bottle, the light-weight formula allows enough time to apply and perfect your lip colour before drying to a velvety-matte finish providing bold statement colour without looking too drying or patchy on the lips. Enriched with evanescent oils, the buttery soft consistency melts into the lips and transforms within seconds into a velvet-matte finish with intense colour and allows the wearer to build on the colour how much or little depending how bold and intense you wish the colour to be. Moreover, the lipstick really doesn't budge (even after eating and drinking which can happen with most lipsticks) which is refreshing. With an array of shades from racy reds to pretty pinks, there is a shade to suit most tastes and skin tones. I shall be purchasing more of these as I have my eye on a few shades! If you love a bold, matte lip then I would recommend checking these Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks out.

Do you like Bourjois makeup?

Links

Radiance Reveal Concealer - Link.
Volume 1 Seconde Mascara - Link.
Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick - Link.
Follow

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Elizabeth Anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.