Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Chatsworth Country Fair | Day Two.

Chatsworth House, Bakewell.
Chatsworth Country Fair - Elizabeth Anne
Pulling on my Hunter wellies armed with my camera, a spare memory card and my program (not forgetting my Springer Spaniel Ben); I’m ready for day 2 at the Chatsworth Country Fair. Having already had a taster from yesterday (you can read Day 1 at the fair here) where I got the chance to interview the lovely Adam Henson, I decide to spend some time exploring the trade stalls. From country clothing and traditional crafts to artisan food and homemade gifts rows of stalls line the picturesque backdrop of the Chatsworth Estate. The trade stalls play host to many branded goods from Joules and Barbour to Elemis and Neal's Yard but include smaller independent brands.
Chatsworth Country Fair - Elizabeth Anne
The scent of freshly baked bread drifts over from the food village and beckons me over. A haven for foodie lovers alike, the fine food village brims with culinary creativeness. Among the delicious chutneys, gourmet cheeses, succulent meats and superb cakes and puddings including a fantastic range of wines and liquors, demonstrations are held giving fair-goers a mini masterclass.

Heading over to the press tent and to give my legs (not to mention Ben’s paws) a rest, lunch is being served and among pots of freshly brewed tea, there is a wonderful array of pastries, cakes and savoury tarts. I opt for the salmon and dill tart and the sundried tomato and mozzarella tart. Sat in the outdoor seating area (Ben snoozing under my chair) it’s the perfect opportunity to, shamefully-admittedly to people-watch and enjoy the buzz of the country fair and bask in the warm rays of the sunshine. I am kindly informed that the fresh produce is made at the Chatsworth Farm Shop.
Chatsworth Country Fair - Elizabeth Anne
Chatsworth Country Fair - Elizabeth Anne
Choosing a thoughtful gift for a loved one couldn’t be easier as in the craft tent stalls display their beautiful and unique products… everything from contemporary ceramics and exclusive fashion and jewellery collections to naturally homemade beauty products and countryside-inspired gifts for the home. I love nothing more than chatting to the creators and discovering their passion and inspiration for their crafting creativeness. Many of the creators are an expert in their field so it’s a great time to ask for advice.

After a wonderful day of exploring, chatting to fellow country-fair-goers and traders alike, I am thoroughly exhausted and ready for bed. Stay tuned for day 3!


Follow

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Elizabeth Anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.